Step 2: Be Prepared
Good preparation will help you present your complaint in a clear, concise, and factual way. Follow these guidelines:
- Keep your complaint information in a file and store it safely. Keep it available so you can explain your complaint accurately.
Your file may include:
- sales receipts
- order forms
- letters to and from the company
- repair and/or service information
- cancelled cheques
- your list of the company respresentatives with whom you spoke, when you spoke to them, and key points discussed
- other information you consider important to your case
Tip: Never give away your original documents. Make copies as needed.
Complaint Roadmap Home | Step 1: What You Should Know Before You Start | Step 2: Be Prepared | Step 3: Contact the Business | Step 4: Put it in Writing | Step 5: Need to Take Your Complaint Further? | Step 6: Going to Court