Annual Banking Report 2016
May 2, 2016
Deadline: May 31, 2016
Pursuant to Directive No. 5R4, Estate Funds and Banking, Licensed Insolvency Trustees (LIT) and administrators are required to submit their Annual Banking Report (ABR) and Request for Bank Confirmation to the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB) no later than May 31, 2016. All estates must be listed in the ABR; please do not forget to include joint estates and estates with $0 balances.
We strongly encourage you to use electronic filing and we are happy to note that the ABR electronic filing system has been upgraded to ensure the process is simple and easy for LITs. Electronic filing is more efficient as the data transfer is immediate and also ensures data integrity as no manual data input is required. The alternative filing method is paper filing, which requires additional work on the part of both LITs and the OSB.
Instructions for electronic filing
Please, do not forget to file your electronic ABR under your corporate licence.
- If you have not already done so, contact your software provider to obtain the necessary update.
- Log in to the E-Filing system and click on “Upload Annual Banking Report” in the left menu.
- Upload the ABR data file.
- Record the reference number.
- Mail the original of Schedule 1 (Request for Bank Confirmation) to your Regional Coordinator
For more detailed instructions, see E-Filing: A Guide for Insolvency Professionals (PDF version, 10.13 MB, 83 pages).
Instructions for paper filing
Mail the following documents to your Regional Coordinator:
- Request for Bank Confirmation (Schedule 1) for each financial institution in which the LIT or administrator has trust accounts (do not forget to include the LIT's full address).
- Annual Banking Report (Schedule 2) for all trust accounts open as of April 30, 2016.
Note: Only the version of Schedule 2 found in Directive No. 5R4 will be accepted. If necessary, check with your software provider to ensure that you have the latest version of Schedule 2.
- Indicate on the first page of Schedule 2 the name of each LIT responsible for bank accounts.
- Paginate the ABR.
- Use a legible font (e.g., Times New Roman 11 or greater).
- Group together estates with funds deposited in the same consolidated account.
- Indicate the name of a contact person who can respond to questions from the OSB and be responsible for any subsequent follow-up that might be necessary.
- Indicate the total number of estates and total bank balances in consolidated bank accounts.
- Mail the ABR to your Regional Coordinator prior to May 31—do not email it.
Do not hesitate to contact your Regional Coordinator if you have any questions regarding the ABR.
Deputy Superintendent, Operations and Corporate Services
1505 Barrington Street, 16th Floor
Halifax NS B3J 3K5
Attention: Stephen Dickey
Québec City Office
702-1550, d'Estimauville Avenue
Québec QC G1J 0C4
Attention: Patrick Lebrun
1155 Metcalfe Street, Suite 950
Montréal QC H3B 2V6
Attention: Isabelle Ouellet
25, St. Clair Avenue E, 6th Floor
Toronto ON M4T 1M2
Attention: Chris Poole
639-5th Avenue South West, Suite 400
Calgary AB T2P 0M9
Attention: Heather Chan
- Date modified: