Third-Party Information Liability Disclaimer
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
Table of Contents
- British Columbia Business Registry
- Canada Business Network – Government Services for Entrepreneurs
- Canada Revenue Agency – Business Registration Online
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- Canadian Company Capabilities
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- Canadian Internet Registration authority
- Department of Justice Canada
- GS1 Canada
- Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada
- Provincial Government Sites
- Service New Brunswick
- ServiceOntario – Services for Businesses
- Statistics Canada
- System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR)
British Columbia Business Registry
The British Columbia Business Registry is offered by BC Registry Services. The Business Registry cuts the red tape and reduces the time associated with registering a business in British Columbia. An easy-to-use online application that allows business owners to complete common business registrations with all levels of government, quickly and efficiently.
Consult the BC Business Registry website.
BizPaL is an online service that simplifies the business permit, licence and other compliance regulation process for entrepreneurs, governments, and third party business service providers.
Consult the BizPaL website.
Canada Business Network – Government Services for Entrepreneurs
The Network was established in each province and territory to provide small businesses with a single access point for quick and comprehensive information on federal, and provincial and territorial government programs, services and regulations.
Grants and Financing – A directory of Canadian financial providers, a powerful search engine of financial providers, information on different types of financing and financial providers, and tips to help you secure financing.
Consult the Canada Business Network website.
Canada Revenue Agency – Business Registration Online
This Business Registration Online service is provided by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and its provincial partners, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Ontario. It is designed so that businesses can conveniently register themselves for CRA, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Ontario programs at one time.
Consult the Canada Revenue Agency – Business Registration Online website.
Canada Small Business Financing Program
This Program seeks to increase the availability of loans for establishing, expanding, modernizing and improving small businesses. It does this by encouraging financial institutions to make their financing available to small businesses.
Consult the Canada Small Business Financing Program website.
Canadian Company Capabilities
Promote your company around the world free of charge.
Consult the Canadian Company Capabilities website.
Canadian Intellectual Property Office
The Canadian Intellectual Property Office administers the intellectual property (IP) system in Canada and disseminates IP information.
Intellectual Property Toolkit – A source of information and resources to help you better understand and use IP.
Consult the Canadian Intellectual Property Office website.
Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority provides a streamlined and swift process for those wanting to register and re-register .ca domain names.
Consult the Canadian Internet Registration Authority website.
Department of Justice
The Department provides a complete listing of all Canadian laws.
Consult the Department of Justice website.
GS1 Canada offers several membership options to enable your organization to create industry-compliant, globally accepted bar codes.
Consult the GS1 Canada website.
Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Records – Need to do a bankruptcy check on a company or an individual? For only $8 you can now get quick and direct access, 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week to the New Online Insolvency Name Search Service! Get immediate results on this easy to use national database that has over 20 years of insolvency information.
- Unclaimed Funds Database – Determine quickly and easily if unclaimed dividends from a bankruptcy are owed to you 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week! Online national database has over $3.9 million dollars in unclaimed dividends from bankruptcies. Free search access for an introductory period.
- The Corporate and Insolvency Law Policy Directorate is responsible for the review and revision of a number of marketplace framework laws in the areas of insolvency and corporate law.
Consult the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada website.
Provincial Government Sites
- Government of Alberta
- Government of British Columbia
- Government of Manitoba
- Government of New Brunswick
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Government of the Northwest Territories
- Government of Nova Scotia
- Government of Nunavut
- Government of Ontario
- Government of Prince Edward Island
- Government of Quebec
- Government of Saskatchewan
- Government of Yukon
- List of Provincial Registrars
The Corporate Registration and Reporting Gateway, Registrex, provides a single window to the corporate registries of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
Consult the Registrex website.
Service New Brunswick
The Government of New Brunswick's site for business contains information on corporate registry, business start-up and other business-related subject matters.
Consult the Service New Brunswick website.
ServiceOntario – Services for Businesses
The Government of Ontario's main site for business contains online registration engines for Ontario business name registrations, as well as registrations for Provincial Sales Tax, Employer Health Tax and the Ontario Workplace Safety & Insurance Board. The website also provides a wide range of information about setting up and operating a business in the Province of Ontario, and links to other important business-related sites.
Consult the Service Ontario – Services for Businesses website.
Obtain forms and information relating to the Corporations Returns Act.
Consult the Statistics Canada website.
System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval
SEDAR — System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval — is the system used for electronically filing most securities-related information with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities. Filing with SEDAR started January 1, 1997, and is now mandatory for most reporting issuers in Canada.
Consult the SEDAR website.
Rate this page
The content of this page was useful to me.
- Date modified: