Do not ship your device to Measurement Canada until requested to do so.
Information to include with your shipment
- A copy of your completed type approval request form.
- A sheet containing:
- the project number assigned to your application by Measurement Canada;
- a list of the devices and auxiliary devices in the shipment, including their model and serial numbers;
- your full return shipping address;
- the name of your shipping carrier;
- the method of shipment;
- your account number with the shipping carrier; and
- instructions for the disposal of the each device and auxiliary device in the shipment after testing has been completed.
- The project number assigned to your application by Measurement Canada must appear on:
- all devices, auxiliary devices, documentation, software and hardware that is part of the shipment; and
- the packaging and packaging slip.
- The shipping container must be reusable.
Shipments that do not include the project number assigned to your application by Measurement Canada, as specified above, will be returned freight collect.
Shipments shipped in non-reusable containers will not be processed until you have arranged return packaging.
Measurement Canada is not responsible for damage to the shipping container if the shipping container is nailed closed or requires disassembly to remove the item(s) it contains.
It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- Your shipment complies with all customs and importation requirements.
- You have pre-paid all applicable customs and importation fees and charges.
- Once all arrangements are completed for the return of the device, you have faxed (613-952-8170) all paperwork (waybill, commercial invoice and any other related forms) to the attention of the Shipping and Receiving Services. Before shipping arrangements are made, Measurement Canada's shipping department will only pack the items and provide you with the dimensions and weight of the package.
Consult the Canada Border Services Agency's Web site to ensure you are aware of all customs and importation requirements and fees and charges that apply to your shipment.
- Date modified: